Becoming the Host of your Zoom meeting or webinar enables more capabilities, like being able to enable a Waiting Room (so that you need to allow participants to enter first). To become the host:
First, start or join a Zoom meeting or webinar within Filo. Click the “Start Zoom” button. This will launch Zoom and place you into the call.
2. Once in the Zoom meeting, click on the “Participants” button at the bottom of your Zoom window. This will open the Participants panel as seen below.
3. At the bottom of the Participants panel, click “Claim Host”
4. Type in the host code “832478” and press “Claim Host". This will make you the host of the meeting. (This host code is an example, please check your zoom account for your host code)
5. Once you are the host, click the “More” button at the bottom of the participants panel.
6. In the drop down menu, press “Enable Waiting Room.” At this point, a waiting room has been enabled.
Result: Once a waiting room is enabled, as new people enter you will get a notification from Zoom about the participant entering the waiting room. You can click “Admit” from either the notification or the participant panel to admin them into the room.